so pretty in every season
Parts of Giethoorn are only reachable by boat. Since Giethoorn has so many channels and lakes, the village is therefore also known as ‘The Venice of the north’.
Giethoorn is known from its small channels and the many small bridges. For many years people use special boats called ‘punters’ which are handcrafted and which are pushed forward with a wooden stick called a ‘punterstok’.
Next to the many small boats, Giethoorn is also reachable by walking or cycling. This is then also commonly used by many tourists.
To Do’s in the village of Giethoorn
- Renting of a traditional boat ‘Punter’ or get a roundtrip in one of the guided roundtrip boat.
- Renting of a Canoe, SUP or windsurf board.
- Walk along the channel on the ‘Binnenpad’ or walk even further.
- Walk to the lake ‘Het Wiede’.
- Walk on the boulevard of the Hylkemaweg.
Wining and Dinning
- Aan het meer bij Smit’s Paviljoen
- At the village channel at restaurant De fanfare, known from the movie ‘Fanfare’. De Fanfare, bekend van de film Fanfare.
- Bij At restaurant Hollands Venetie at the Beulakerweg. aan de Beulakerweg
- En vele andere gelegenheden
- Evenementen Giethoorn
- 'Gondelvaart' (canal parade) Giethoorn
- Protestantse Gemeente
- Doosgezinde Gemeente